Case Study, 03/16/12
To promote its interactive game Pleasure Hunt, Magnum turned to Microsoft Advertising and a global campaign that ran across four regions and 12 markets including the US and Canada. The campaign delivered very impressive results for Magnum.
- To build on the success, excitement, and awareness around game maker Magnum’s interactive game Pleasure Hunt.
- To reach as many people as possible in the target audience (woman aged 25-54) and get them to play the game.
To drive traffic to the game, Microsoft Advertising executed a global campaign, delivering coordinated homepage takeovers across MSN that drove consumers to the game site. In selected markets remessaging in additional, supporting placements extended the reach of the Magnum campaign.
- The homepage takeovers delivered 324 million impressions and reached over 85 million unique users.
- Remessaging increased impressions by over 20 percent.
- The campaign delivered effectively against the target audience, with 64 percent of impressions delivered to users ages 15-44.
- Overall, the Magnum campaign delivered two million clicks to the game.
In addition, our user-behaviour study, which examined a sample group exposed to the campaign, showed that opportunities for users to simply share their experience is key to delivering social media activation.
Learn more about advertising on MSN
Download the full Magnum campaign case study