Creative Acceptance Policy
Ad Specification Details
|Ad Type / Ad Size||Initial Size||Max Initial Download File Size||Max Weight Secondary (Polite) Download||Max Weight Progressive Download (Video/ Streaming Only)||Audio Specifications/ Limit||Animation/ Looping Limit|
|Other||970W X 250H||50k||1000k||2.2mb||Allowed on user click only ; Duration: 30 sec||Allowed ; Duration: 15 sec, Loop Limit: Unlimited, Video Duration: 15 sec|
The User Experience
The IAB Billboard is a huge (970x250), high-visibility ad unit with clear value for advertisers offering full rich media interactivity. One of the Billboard unique features is the integration of a “Close Ad” button. The Close Ad button will collapse 100% of the Billboard ad and leave a "Show Ad" button that will redisplay the ad on user click. When a user clicks “Close Ad” button, the ad will disappear pushing page content up, and a "Show Ad" button will remain. When a user clicks "Show Ad", the ad will reappear pushing page content back down and a "Close Ad X" button will appear on the Billboard.
Full Ad Experience:
Closed Ad Experience with Show ad Button in the center:
Required elements: Below, is general guideline of required elements, please reach out to Certified Rich Media Vendors for exact details.
970x250 Billboard Element:
- Dimensions: 970x250
- Format: Rich Media Flash based creative
- Initial Load Size: 50K
- Subsequent Polite Load Size: Up to 1MB
- Animation maximum allowed time: 15 sec. This does not apply to video
- Expansion: No expansion. Ad must stay within iframe and have complete border
- Ad Click through opens into new browser
- Flash creative must be published in Flash 9 and above
- Cannot exceed 24 frames per second
- Must feature a 1 pixel border (gray [#666666] or black recommended, though any color that clearly distinguishes the ad from the content may be used)
“Close Ad X” Button:
- “Close Ad X" button will collapse 100% of the Billboard ad and leave a "Show Ad" button that will redisplay the ad on user click.
- When a user clicks "Close Ad X", the ad will disappear, page content will push up, and a "Show Ad" button will be placed in the center of the page.
- When a user clicks "Show Ad", the ad will reappear, page content will push back down, and a "Close Ad X" button will appear on the top right corner of the Billboard ad.
“Show Ad” Button:
- 88x31 to include show ad text with icon. No border required.
970x250 Backup Image:
- Format: .GIF / .JPG
- File size: 50k
- Animation: Maximum allowed animation time: 15 sec
- Autoplay Animation/Video: 30 seconds
- Video Controls must be present: Play/Pause, Volume Control or Mute/Un-mute buttons are required. Time Scrubber & Replay button are suggested but not required.
- Audio must be user-initiated and never automatic.
- Audio controls must be present.
- If audio is used, creative must include an On/Off switch for users.
- Audio insertion into Flash file may begin no earlier than the second frame.
- Idle CPU usage typically falls within 8-12%. When testing a Flash file for this ad, CPU usage after the initial loading of the file must be between 20% and 30%. An initial spike of up to 60% is acceptable in the first five seconds. (Idle CPU usage devised upon computer with a 1.8GHz Intel Pentium Processor and 512 MB of RAM running standard programs.)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 to 9.0 are supported.
- Firefox is a supported browser on a case-by-case basis (dependent upon test results and execution design).
- Limited support may be provided for Safari based on test results.
- In cases in which a browser is not supported (i.e. Firefox or Mac browsers), users will receive the backup image.
Ads should contain
- A clear message and offer/promotion
- Clutter-free design
- Relevant imagery to the offer or promotion
- Consistent branding (Use of similar/same logos & messaging)
- Landing pages should provide relevant content to the ad featured
- Ads with fake HTML
- Ads that are misleading in anyway (specifically within creative messaging/offers/promotions etc…)
- Inappropriate graphics: included but not limited to graphic images which generate an adverse emotional response from users (i.e., overly graphic medical conditions/images, images of distressed animals or humans), or overexposure to nudity (i.e., swimsuits, sports bras)
- Rapidly flashing images/multiple flashing images (no more than 2 flashing images at the same time)
Certified Rich Media Vendors
- Unicast: For any questions regarding this ad unit, please contact Unicast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ad impressions
- 3rd Party Partner
- 3rd party partners will typically provide impressions and click-through data, as well as enhanced metrics. Please consult your rich media partner of choice for more detail.
Microsoft permits advertisers to collect user-provided personal information (for example, through web forms embedded in ads).
- Advertisers may be required to modify ad units or provide additional disclosure in order to be acceptable for advertising on Microsoft sites.
- Advertisers wishing to collect personal information within advertisements (according to specifications above) must follow these guidelines:
- Clearly identify organization
- Identify purpose for collecting information