Gain Insights to Manage Ad Revenue in Your Apps: Create Custom Reports in Microsoft pubCenter
Last April, we announced the completely overhauled Microsoft pubCenter, the advertising hub for app developers on Windows and Windows Phone. Today, I am excited to announce the ability to create custom reports in pubCenter. Getting started is easy. You can have improved analytics at your fingertips in just a couple of steps:
Go to the “Detailed reports” icon on the left-hand navigation in pubCenter, then click on “Custom reports” to create a custom report.
Next, customize your report using these parameters:
- Unit of time: options include hour, day, week, month, or year.
- Date range: options include today, yesterday, the last 7 days, this month, last month, last 3 months, and last six months. You can also enter a custom date range.
- Filters: options include devices, apps, ad units and geography.
For apps, you can select any combination of apps across Windows and Windows Phone. You are no longer limited to just 5 apps or ad units.
The geographic breakdown lets you see ad performance by market.
- There’s no need to stay in the reporting module while the report is being generated. You can close out of pubCenter and come back later, or navigate to other parts of pubCenter.
- You can view reports run in the past under the “Recent Reports” tab.
I hope that custom reports improve your ability to monitor and optimize ad revenue in your apps. I look forward to your ideas and feedback on how to evolve. Please send your questions or comments to Global Publisher Support and Forums (for Windows Phone and Windows).