Here's a great case study I wanted to share:
The Sony Xperia is a design connoisseur’s smartphone with an exquisite aluminium frame, a 4.6” screen powered by Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2 and One-touch mirroring designed to share photos, films and games on your an NFC-enabled BRAVIA® HDTV.
Create a high-impact digital advertising campaign to build online awareness and presence to support the launch of Xperia.
Sony and their media agency PHD partnered with Microsoft to promote the Xperia via a five-day takeover of the MSN Sport channel.
Why MSN Sport? Well it was a great fit for the Xperia audience. Its comprehensive content, merges dynamic live data including Opta stats (live sports performance data), social trends, Bing data and the latest stories. The channel attracts an upmarket audience* of opinionated and passionate sports fans who want to stay up to date with everything in the world of sport.
- Branding clarity measured 91% (+8 percentage points above the average for display campaigns)
- 17% of respondents were involved by the creative (+4 percentage points above average for display campaigns)
- 76% agreed the creative “worked well on MSN” (+13 percentage points above average for display)
- 22% stated they would be “more likely to notice other advertising for Sony”
- 43% of respondents were motivated by the creative (+5 percentage points above average for display campaigns)
- 80% of respondents agreed the creative “worked well with Sony” (+12 percentage points above the average for display)
- 63% of respondents agreed “the advert is innovative” (+10 percentage points above average for display campaigns)
- In terms of driving action, 21% said they would “search online for more information or visit the advertiser's website”