It’s been an incredible ten years since the launch of Xbox LIVE and the service is bigger and better than ever and booming with games and entertainment. “Halo 4” has been smashing entertainment industry numbers and Microsoft just announced Xbox LIVE registered the most time spent on the service ever with
XX million hours in a one week period.
Marc Whitten, Corporate Vice President, Xbox LIVE, is celebrating the 10 year anniversary of Xbox LIVE with a toast and special thanks to its 40 million members.
Importantly for advertisers, Xbox Live transforms TV advertising into something extraordinary. Key benefits include:
- A great and easy way to increase the reach of a TV campaign using existing creative
- Truly interactive TV advertising with NUads: Allowing brands to engage with consumers to collect real-time feedback using voice and gesture
- Audience: Extraordinary growth of Xbox LIVE worldwide and in the UK, more than 120% growth in last 3 years – that’s now 5.1M Xbox LIVE UK users and Kinect has broadened the appeal of Xbox even more. 52% are aged 35+, 47% are females
- Engagement: Xbox Live offer outstanding click through rates – 1.50% (compared to and online display average of 0.09%)
- Impact: Double-digit lifts across key brand metrics with brand rating +50% and purchase consideration +31%
* all stats are sourced from our UK Xbox advertising one pager
To celebrate these innovations Microsoft Advertising UK has teamed up with Xbox to offer our readers the chance to win an Xbox 360 4GB console Kinect and games bundle. For your chance to win this fantastic prize simply follow and tweet @MSAdvertisingUK TODAY telling us Which new service on Xbox will allow brands to leverage their web assets in a Branded Destination Experience? including the hashtag #XboxGoldDays. We'll pick one winner at random.
For more on Xbox Live opportunities download our one pager