A new world is emerging. Information is no longer dammed up behind icons, but flows across screens. Experiences are no longer built for different devices, but flow from one device to the next. What does this mean for marketers, advertisers and creatives?
Microsoft’s Imagine London 2012 | Windows 8 thought leadership event will paint the picture on how technology is radically changing the ways in which brands can tell their story through deeper and richer app experiences and demonstrate the next evolution in Advertising.
In fact, hot off the press we’ve just revealed the top brands and publishers who have already signed up for Windows 8 Ads in Apps including Lloyds TSB, Sky, BBC Worldwide, MTV and more in the UK.
Each presentation and conversation at Imagine London 2012 will help us navigate this new world.
Held at Modern Jago at the Rochelle School in Shoreditch, running across 3 sessions, here’s a sneak peek at who is joining us:
- Anna Kirah: Senior Socio-anthropologist: How the world we live in and how the streaming lifestyle has impacted us as consumers and how consumers digest content, act and think today.
- Toby Barnes: AKQA Product Strategy Director: An exclusive behind the scenes look at Nike Kinect Training, Toby will explore the process and future of Nike's transformation to a Tech Company and illustrate how the power of a strategically designed ecosystem can transform products and fuel innovation.
- Jennifer Creegan: General Manager, Product Marketing, Microsoft Advertising: Where Microsoft has come from, and what drove the Windows 8 innovation, the Windows 8 strategy and vision moving forward.
- Stephen Kim: GM, Yarn, a Microsoft Advertising Creative Lab: Showcase of Ads in Apps experiences and opportunities – ‘what is next for Windows 8 and Ads in Apps’?
- Gareth Dunsmore: Nissan General Manager, Marketing Communications: Storytelling in the digital age: Kotozukuri, Nissan's journey from channel specific communications to cross-platform content, and from audience engagement to fan entertainment and education.
Since this is an invite-only event, we’re planning to bring you all the action by sharing videos and content via @MSAdvertisingUK #Imagine2012 so watch this space for more.
If you missed out last year watch the highlights from Imagine 2011 here.
I’ll leave you with this final piece extracted from the blog announcing our ads in apps launch partners, after all we’re all consumers first! We conducted initial creative evaluation research with Metrixlab in the US to understand consumer reactions to Windows 8 Ads in Apps, and found out the following:
Exciting times ahead!
Director of Marketing, Microsoft Advertising UK