Welcome to our first Xbox LIVE UK Gold Day. Our initial piece of news is around advertising. Xbox LIVE has launched a series of new advertising features, including the new Family Run of Site option and two new ad sizes.
- Two new ad sizes and updated channel layouts – Ad sizes will now be 174x130 or 263x197 and advertisement positions are more varied across the dashboard. A combined TV & Movies channel will replace the TV and Video channels.
- New Family Run of Site Option - We have introduced a new family ROS option. This consists of a Run of Site on the following channels
- Kinect Sub-Hub
- Unauthenticated Dash
The family ROS will not contain any alcohol advertising or any mature advertising.
- New Kinect Sub-Hub – Kinect Central consists of four new pages focusing on Kinect content, with ad placements on every page.
- Bing - Ad placements will now appear on the second page of all Bing search results. Advertising within Bing search results will be available in the Family ROS only.
- Unauthenticated dash – Users who simply connect their console to the internet will be able to see the dash – this is called the “unauthenticated dash” and it means users who are signed-out or have not yet set up an account can still view programmed content on the dashboard, including advertisements. Advertising to the unauthenticated dash will be available in the Family ROS only.
To celebrate these innovations Microsoft Advertising UK has teamed up with Xbox to offer our readers the chance to win an Xbox 360 4GB console Kinect and games bundle. For your chance to win this fantastic prize simply tweet @MSAdvertisingUK TODAY telling us how many new pages with ad placements are completely centered around Kinect content including the hashtag #XboxGoldDays. We'll pick one winner at random.