In May of this year, we changed the name of our advertising marketing programs for small and medium-sized search advertising customers from Microsoft Advertising to Bing to leverage the Bing consumer experience and brand and simplify how that set of search advertising customers do business with Microsoft. To continue this effort to streamline and offer a single digital advertising platform to reach new audiences, we have decided to rebrand adCenter to Bing Ads and introduce the Yahoo! Bing Network, formerly known as the Search Alliance.
Bing Ads isn’t just a new name, it is a reimagined and improved way for our customers to manage their campaigns on the Yahoo! Bing Network. Our team is committed to streamline the experience of buying search ads and to provide a unique platform to reach new customers when they’re ready to make a decision. In addition to an optimized experience, Bing Ads gives advertisers increased transparency into the auction process, helping inform them and take critical actions to improve their campaign performance if needed. A few features that we’ve released in the past to help make this possible are:
- Historic Quality Score helps advertisers closely monitor their campaign performance trend and proactively respond to the competition.
- Negative Keywords Conflicts Report allows advertisers to identify negative keywords conflicts in scale with ease. As a result, advertisers will receive more targeted traffic and increase their ROI.
- Share of Voice reporting quantifies missed impressions and classifies them in detailed buckets, allowing advertisers to take precise action to regain lost share.
- Ad delivery status and ad preview tools enable advertisers to more quickly identify issues hindering ad serving at the campaign, ad group and keyword levels.
- With ongoing enhancements to the Bing Ads Editor tool, advertisers have an additional resource for tracking performance and identifying growth opportunities.
- The Bing Ads Intelligence tool provides access to customizable marketplace level information that allows advertisers to make proactive decisions regarding their campaign management.
It’s been two years since the formation of the Yahoo! and Microsoft Search Alliance and we’re very proud of the results. We’re using this rebrand is an opportunity to reintroduce ourselves to advertisers and demonstrate what we have learned over the past two years to show advertisers how they can benefit by using the Yahoo Bing Network. If I were to tell advertisers there was a way to reach 151 million people with a single buy, I’d get their attention pretty quick. The Yahoo! Bing Networkcan do just that, and more, with its distinct segment of US searchers that includes Yahoo! Search and Bing partner publisher sites.
The Yahoo! Bing Network has a handful of key traits advertisers should pay attention to:
- Significant and unique: The Yahoo! Bing Network represents 70% of all searchers in the US, 20% of which are unique to the Yahoo! Bing Network.
- Favorable Demographics: the users on the Yahoo! Bing Network show some demographic and behavioral differences that enable advertisers to find the right customer, at the right time, for their business. Our users live in different places, drive different cars, go to different stores and eat at different restaurants.
- Lucrative: Yahoo! Bing Network reaches 151 million searchers in the U.S. who are likely to spend 24% more than the average searcher, and likely to spend 5% more than Google searchers in the U.S. 1
In addition to the rebrand, there are a few new features of Bing Ads that we’re excited about:
We’ve made it easier for advertisers to expand their reach through a beta feature we’re calling Import Campaign, which will allow them to import their search campaigns from Google Ad Words into Bing Ads. This will give their campaigns greater visibility and reach beyond just one search platform. Also, our new Editorial Exceptions feature will help advertisers resolve any editorial disapprovals during and after the ad submission process, helping launch campaigns through a few simple steps.
These two features are all a result of us listening closely to customer feedback on how we can improve our products and help advertisers simplify their campaign management. We’ll continue to look for even more ways to make advertising with Bing and Yahoo easier and more lucrative. Stay tuned.
- David Pann
1. comScore Core Search (custom), June 2012.