Following on from the global Microsoft Advertising Story Awards announcement blog, we wanted to let folks in the UK know a bit more about this competition and most importantly what’s in it for you!
To recap, Microsoft Advertising is inviting brand marketers, advertising agencies and creative agencies in the UK to submit their most creative and innovative ideas to help drive a brand or nonprofit organisation’s story forward.
From a UK viewpoint there will be 2 UK winning categories; a brand and non-profit. The 2 UK winning media plans will each win be crowned the UKs most Innovative Digital Creator, plus:
• A £5,000 cash prize
• Microsoft devices worth £800 - £1000 including an Xbox Kinect bundle and a phone.
Plus what’s better than bringing your story to life? We want to make that happen by offering one of the 2 winners a grand prize to bring their story to life with $150,000 worth of Microsoft Advertising UK Media.
The two UK winners will also be entered into the 2nd round competing against all the market winners - beat off the global competition and you’ll win an all-expense paid VIP trip to the 2012 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Here’s what the judges will be looking for from entrants:
• A digital media solution and creative idea for the brand or nonprofit of their choice
• The key business challenge being addressed for the 2012 or 2013 calendar year
• Campaign submissions will be weighted among the following criteria: overall strength of idea, most innovative use of Microsoft Advertising solutions, creative impact and how it could be measured
• The deadline for all submissions is March 31, 2012. UK winners will be announced in April and global winners will be announced in June.
We’ve also created a short video starring actor, writer and producer Felicia Day of ‘The Guild’ web series fame to tell our own story and give you some inspiration.
Click here for more or follow us on twitter looking out for #MSAstoryawardsUK
Keep an eye out for more details coming very soon including top tips!