Creative Acceptance Policy
Ad Specification Details
|Ad Type / Ad Size||Initial Size||Download File Size (GIF/JPG)||Max Initial Download File Size||Animation/ Looping Limit||Alt Text Limit|
30 sec, Loop Limit:
Note(s):No expanding, video or audio allowedSales: sold on both an impression basis, as well as daily takeoverRotation: The ad refreshes each time the page is reloaded and the new ad call is madeThird party Ad-serving: Approved OOB Certified Vendors only
Accepted File TypesFlashGIFJPEG
The User Experience
The 300x250 ad runs in 1:1 audio call only and it’s not available within video calls or group calls. The ad will be served to free users only and is positioned above the fold adjacent to profile pictures. The ad refreshes each time the page is reloaded and the new ad call is made.
- Initial Load Size: Max 40 Kb
- Subsequent Polite Load Size:
- Up to 2 additional download streams upon user click are permitted. Each additional stream may not exceed 100KB.
- Total creative size: 200KB maximum.
- Backup image is mandatory when SWF is provided. GIF/JPEG must not exceed
- Ads cannot mimic Windows or Skype Products, any Skype experience, designs, graphics, colors or logos without prior approval
- Ads cannot have ‘strobing’ effects
- All ads must have a visible & complete border (gray [#666666] or black recommended, though any color that clearly distinguishes the ad from the content may be used except white).
- No pop-ups, floating ads or expanding ads
- Animation is limited to first 30 seconds or 3 loops maximum not exceeding 30 seconds. Use animation carefully - Keep animation smooth and fluid, using slow motion and gentle fades. Fast and abrupt motion is highly irritating. Avoid experiences that 'break through' the page or abuse the content.
- Flash files require the ClickTag method embedded in the file – Click Here for documentation
- Flash Frame Rate: Up to 24 fps
- Click destination URL must open into a new browser.
- All creative/Tags MUST be tested in a live Skype QA environment
- The cursor may not be altered in any way within the unit
Certified Rich Media Vendors
- AdGear (BloomDigital)
- Flite (Widgetbox)
- Advertisers cannot generate a list of Skype users.
- Advertisers may not give Skype user data collected through running an ad to any third party, including information derived from targeting criteria.
- Microsoft permits advertisers to collect user-provided personal information (for example, through web forms embedded in ads).
- Advertisers may be required to modify ad units or provide additional disclosure in order to be acceptable for advertising on Microsoft sites.
- Advertisers wishing to collect personal information (according to specifications above) within advertisements must follow these guidelines:
- Clearly identify organization
- Identify purpose for collecting information
Ad Submission Guidelines